24 January 2010

Vains of Jenna at The Viper Room

Vains of Jenna @ The Viper Room 1-23-10

Vains of Jenna has quickly become one of my favorite bands to see live.  As lead singer Lizzy DeVine yelled to the crowd at the end of the set, they prove that Rock n Roll is alive and well.  They are just straight-up, balls-out rock, almost a throw back to the 80's without being anachronistic.  The music is great and they have just the right stage presence that's not too little but not so much as to be pretentious or comical.

The only thing I was disappointed about were the opening acts.  None were bad, per se, but the first two just didn't feel fully baked - didn't seem to have a consistent look or sound going on.  The third band was pretty good, but I didn't get to catch their name because some guy was yapping at me the whole time.  So, unfortunately, I didn't find a new band to start seeing, but VoJ totally made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment