19 January 2010

Liquor, liquor everywhere

I realize that Massachusetts has some crazy liquor laws - you can't buy alcohol outside designated "package stores" and,  until the Pats' second Super Bowl win, you could buy any kind of alcohol on a Sunday.

So the fact that grocery stores have a better selection than most liquor stores around here is a bit of a change.  It's especially disconcerting to see Wild Turkey across the aisle from Advil in the CVS.

It disturbs me, but I like it. Not only because NyQuil is no longer the only thing that gets me drunk at CVS, but also as more evidence that I live in a much less stupidly puritanical place.  I think the apex of this rational approach to the hooch is the wine & liquor 6 pack.  In pretty much any retail outlet,  they provide these handy cardboard carrying cases that holds 6 bottles of wine or liquor and you get 10% off if you buy 6 at once.  Goooo binge drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment