04 April 2010

Tweetcrawl Eggstravaganza!

The Strip Crawl was awesome, pretty much my ideal evening, actually - cheap & free booze and hanging out at my favorite places with a bunch of folks who love them as much or more than I do!


Nyuszi vagyok

I had my festive ears on - I bought them at Hustler and the clerk seemed really disappointed that I was planning to wear them outside the bedroom.




Tweetcrawl - Standard

We started at The Standard pool bar with a Ping Pong tourney.  And for a while we were kind of a stereotype - everyone standing around, tweeting to/about the people standing right next to them.

Tweetcrawl at the Comedy Store

The next stop was The Comedy Store with free PBR.  Besides the free beer, we got sweet sweatbands.  Since I already had ears, I tried it on as a choker.  First bad idea of the night.   Well, actually, that was probably the worst decision I made all night.. so go team!

#stripcrawl drink special @theComedyStore - thanks @pbr_la!

Tweetcrawl Justin Martindale Amber

And we were treated to two comics - that's Justin Martindale doing an impression of one of those sexy chat phone line commercials.  He has a really funny act, we went back to see him later that night and I'll definitely be happy to see him again.

Live on Sunset was so chic they had champagne at the bar and I had to stop myself from buying a really hot shirt that is definitely not in my budget right now. I did, however, drunkenly purchase a book I've been wanting to pick up at Book Soup.  The Book Soup stop was the most silly fun, with more PBR and Pin The Tail on the Bunny.  I'm definitely going to start buying my books there, so participating in the Tweet Crawl got them at least one new customer.

Pin the tail on the wabbit #stripcrawl

By that point, the group was getting really large and it was kind of amusing to have pedestrian power on the Los Angeles streets.  We got to wave to a couple of Star Line tours and I laughed at the thought of tourists going home and telling their friends "And in Hollywood, large groups just roam about from bar to bar"

Citysearch opened up their HQ to us and had cupcakes and my favorite wine - Malbec from Layer Cake.  They took some funny "prom" photos in front of a silly backdrop.  Made me feel a little guilty that I'm so devoted to Yelp, but whatever.  And we started chatting with a group of fun gals who had come all the way up from San Diego to be on the crawl!

The Viper Room had us in the downstairs bar and while I was outside finishing up my "road juice" (opaque cups still work!) I struck up a conversation with Justin.  He was very sweet and (of course) funny and told me he had a set later that night.  I don't have any pictures because I was getting Drunkety Drunk by that time

The last stop was the Roxy and we chatted up Justin again on top of the busteraunt, he even posed with monkey!
Hot sexy @justmartindale w. Monkey #stripcrawl

The Roxy really treated us right - we had two tables in the VIP section for Cold & NonPoint.  I was thinking about that today, the Roxy really knows how to make sure the venue is full and everyone is happy.  I bet bands love playing there.

Tweetcrawl NonPoint

Rachelle and I went to get pizza and head back to catch Justin's set.  Unfortunately, the two comics we had to sit through before he come on were terrible.  I should probably have tried to catch their names so I'd know to plan my bathroom breaks accordingly next time they are there.  Oh well.

And this morning I got to play my favorite game - Hangover CSI.  Where's my phone case? (At the Comedy Store) Do I have any cash left? (No, I do not) Did I wash the makeup off? (Ha ha, nope) Where did this cake in my fridge come from? (Rachelle got it at the pizza place) And oh yeah, I won both a Viper Room Tshirt AND underwear... which I tried on when I got home.

There's got to be a morning after (yes, I tried on my #stripcrawl  prize when I got home)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Sounds like an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally was - some of the other folks took much more/better photos and put them on Facebook. You should be able to see them because I'm tagged.

    ReplyDelete