08 March 2010

PaleyFest: Cougar Town

One of the great benefits of living at the source of all pop culture as that, for the most part, all the makers of pop culture also live here.  So it's not uncommon to have events like book signings that boast celebrity authors.  And one of the first events I was able to attend when I moved last year was a PaleyFest panel for Dr Horrible.  And it was fantastic.  I mean, I'm a Whedon fangirl, but the panel was fantastic and introduced me to the true awesomeness of Felicia Day and was my first visit to the ArcLight Cinerama Dome.

So I was pretty excited when PaleyFest rolled around again this year, this time in the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills.  I decided to go to the Cougar Town panel, even though it was on a Friday evening, because I think the strongest thing about the show is the fantastic ensemble cast.  Unfortunately, the panel itself seemed to go off the rails pretty shortly after Bill Lawrence announced he was 12 chardonnays in and never really got back on track.  Lawrence had a lot of amusing anecdotes that were great to hear, but it just seemed to be missing something and the majority of the cast really didn't get much chance to contribute.  Pretty much all I learned is that Christa Miller is insanely sexy in a way that somehow just doesn't make it through the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment