24 March 2010

One Year On: An Embarrassment of Riches

Well, it's my one-year anniversary here in LA and I could not be more grateful for the past year.  I'm working for a company I love and the being in LA this time around had definitely helped me understand my company and my industry better - and given me more chances to put my fingers in every cookie jar around.  The change in venue definitely helped me mentally open a new chapter in my personal life, too.  On that level, it's also been such an experience of growth and change - meeting so many wonderful people who think and act and believe and work so differently from me.  Thanks to the fantastic weather, I have discovered running and hiking.  And, of course, I've morphed into a kooky Cali pseudo-hippie, drinking my organic free trade coffee with almond milk and going to vernal equinox mediation-yoga-dance parties.

I've also had the opportunity to rediscover live music - somehow the love of a good rock show that was bred into me by both nature and nurture got displaced when I discovered cheesy pop and dance clubs.  But now with the legendary Roxy Theater and Viper Room in walking (or, as if often the case, stumbling) distance from my house I've been able to see everything from hair rock to hip hop on a regular basis.

Then there's all the little things, like so many bars & restaurants with outdoor seating and the great weather to enjoy them almost any time.  Living in a state where Happy Hour is legal. Getting more Vitamin D from the sun than from pills.  A Trader Joe's on every corner.  If I could just somehow add Dunkin Donuts & the Sox to the mix, I'd pretty much be in heaven.

Los Angeles has been a real gift in my life, so I wanted to take a second to really tell the universe "Thank You!... and please keep it coming!"

No comments:

Post a Comment