20 March 2009

T-1 Days

In less than 24 hours, I'll be heading out to LA. The movers have packed up my stuff and I've consolidated down to two suitcases (and a couple more FedEx boxes).

I'm really excited to move to LA. It feels right. As Jay said during the holiday party, it was inevitable. But I do have a few misgivings. From the brief amount of time I've spent in and around Los Angeles over the past few years, I know there are parts of the city's personality that just don't jive with me.. though there's a lot that does.

Every bad thing they say about New Englanders and Bostonians are true - we're stuffy, puritanical, gruff, overly aggressive drivers. And I like it that way. I don't have to be overly friendly in the elevator or at Starbucks, I grumble at the club closing at 2 am but really how much later would I stay?, and people tend to actually know where Smith College is and be impressed by it.

But I'm very excited to live somewhere new again and get to know it, so away I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment